The combination of flavors and textures of ingredients is extremely successful-sweet tomatoes and tangy cheese, crispy batter and soft filling.
- Boursin cheese (garlic and fine herbs)
- A few sprigs of thyme
- A little balsamic vinegar and olive oil
- Green onions
- Salt to taste
- 2 large tomatoes
- Puff pastry
- Thaw dough and roll out thinly.Put in a baking dish.My dish is covered with silicone,so I do not grease it with oil.Smear cheese gently on the dough. This is the most difficult task in the whole process of making this cake. If you donot have Boursin Cheese, you can use your favorite goat cheese mixed with garlic and herbs.Sprinkle with chopped green onions. Remove the stalks of the tomatoes.Cut into thin slices, put in the overlap on top of onions. Salt. Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar.Sprinkle with thyme leaves.
- Bake in a preheated 180 degrees (350 F) oven for about 45 minutes,then increase the temperature to 200 degrees (400 F)and bake until the dough is dark golden. Smear a ready pie with butter (more for the beauty and luster than to taste).
- Serve immediately hot. That’s a really beautiful and tasty dish and it is not troublesome to cook it